Friday, January 29, 2016
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Monday, January 25, 2016
In a patriotic atmosphere at Keonjhargarh HO premises, Sri K.C.Chinra, SPOs hoisted the National Flag in presence of staff of HO/SOs and Divisional Office. Sri Sushanta Panigrahi, Postmaster, Keonjhrgarh HO, Sri B.N.Jena, ASPOs, Sri Perei, IP, Keonjhar West, Sri A.K.Mishra, DS, AIPEU, Gr-C, Smt Anasuya Mahanta, DS, NAPE, Gr-C, Com Sharat Chandra Patra, Ex-DS, AIPEU, Gr-C and Sri S.B.Hota, Sr System Administrator attended the function as guests. The function was ended with distribution of sweets.
N F P E
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP-C
ODISHA CIRCLE BRANCH,BHUBANESWAR-751007
Trilochan Parida R.C.MishraPresident Circle Secretary
Vice-President CHQ & Leader RJCM
No. UN/AIPEU, Gr-C/Odisha/01-2015 Dated-25-01-2016
ToSri Tilak De, IPoS.
The Chief Post Master General
Odisha Circle, Bhubaneswar-751001
Sub- Total disruption of work in CBS offices due to link failure, sluggish connectivity & lack of ground level infrastructure, putting public & staff to untold miseries.
Ref- This Circle Union’s letter of even number 20-07-2015, dated 09-09-2015, dated 17-10-2015, Four Monthly Meeting Agenda item No-1 vide letter dated 26-10-2015, letter dated 07-01-2016, dated 08-01-2016.
The matter on the grave situation of CBS offices have been brought through letter under references and also by direct discussion. It is matter of great concern that no result orienting action is forthcoming to combat with the alarming situations in all CBS Offices for which there has been total disruption of works in the CBS Post Office, putting undue hardship to the employees working in Finacle and causing strong discontentment among our valued customers. The prevailing of sluggish connectivity in CBS Offices and total link failure from Central Server are the prominent factors for paralysation of transactions in CBS Offices for days together, causing anguish among our customers. The poor Postal employees working in the Finacle are the victim of the anguish of public which become frequent phenomenon. The bandwidth of the CBS offices has not been provided as per Directorate instructions and inspite of poor connectivity there is hasty conversion of non-CBS Offices to CBS platform, adding to the miseries to the employees & customers, as well. In January-2016, there is target in Odisha Circle to convert 19 offices on 23-01-2016, 37 Post offices on dated 27-01-2016 and 33 Post offices on dated 29-01-2016 to CBS without giving stable connectivity to those offices converted already to CBS platform.
Recently, on dated 12-01-2016 to 15-01-2016 there was total connectivity failure from Central Server causing paralysation of total transactions in 408 offices (Out of 438 CBS Offices) in Odisha Circle and there is full stop in transaction in 13000 CBS offices at All India level.
We are receiving strong resentment of staff from all corners of the Circle on blind operation of the scheme without preparing proper ground level infrastructure, torturing of employees working in CBS Finacle and also exposure of strong resentment among public for want of proper service.
This Circle Union demands for immediate remedial actions to following major problems to maintain peace & tranquillity in the entire Circle and in case of failing to resolve the issues within reasonable time to stop atrocities on staff, the union will have no options but to adopt trade union actions.
1. The Bandwidth between BSNL Cloud and Central Server should be enhanced for smooth functioning of finacle 2- All Offices should be provided with minimum Bandwidth of 512 KBPS as per formulae 256 KBPS per Node + 128 KBPS.
2. To stop inhuman orders issued by CPC & calling aver telephones to come beyond office hour for clearance of blocking validations. If the work of the day is not finished within time due to slow connectivity & unseen technical problems the staff should leave the offices after end of the office and attend next day on usual time to complete previous day’s work first and then start the to-day’s work.
3. To stop conversion of offices & data migrations etc till completion normalcy in connectivity and proper running of Finacle.
4. Payment of due compensation to staff on detention after office hours.
5. Protection to staff & office valuables due to unpleasant situations created by customers for slow running of Finacle & link failure.
6. Supply of required hardware & technical support to the CBS offices.
7. To remove all the soft ware problems causing hardship to staff in working.
8. Supply of Pass book printers and Ledger Printers to all CBS Offices.
9. Stop directing staff to attend on holidays & Sundays.
10. Stop directing staff for data entries as Infosys has been entrusted for the matter and remove hurdles for data entry below three thousand accounts.
We appeal once again, for appropriate actions to all the above problems to avert strong dis-contentment and on-going frustration prevailing among staff pouring from all angles.
SOLICITING SOME TANGIBLE ACTION & A LINE OF REPLY.
1. Com. R.N.Parashar, Secretary General NFPE and S.G AIPEU, Gr-C for favour of information. Inspite of flow of allegations from all circles to NFPE & CHQ on hasty implementation of CBS without preparing ground level infrastructure, inhuman orders from the administrations, non-satisfactory service by Infosys, Sify in providing proper software, connectivity, failure of link from the central server The lives of P3 employees in the Circle, All India has become miserable & painful. The officials working in CBS & CIS are rendering service for 12 hours per day and their social lives have been ruined due to arbitrary orders of the administrations. Please take up the issue at CBS Directorate as quick as possible, before too late, to resolve all the problems related to CBS & CIS to maintain peace & tranquillity.
2. All Circle Office Bearers & Divisional Secretaries for information.
Additional Items suggested by Bhubaneswar Division
1. In the process of CBS Finacle and PLI McCamish, the SPMs of Single-handed S Os are the worst sufferers. In addition to use of two User IDs and Passwords, the same single person has to handle all the packages in one system. This is creating more troubles while switching over from McCamish to Finacle and vice versa with change of printers since while McCamish has been set with DOT Matrix, Finacle has been connected with Laser Printers. Similar is the problem while changing the IDs from Operator to Supervisor and vice versa.
Further, many double handed Post Offices are running single-handedly since long since P As of the said offices have been deputed and attached with the duty of S As/BEs etc. Now when such Post Offices are migrated to CBS platform, there is absolute need of one P A in addition to the SPM of such offices.
Therefore, supply of additional nodes ( at least 2 excluding the server) to all the single handed P Os and return of the PAs of double-handed P Os need to be considered on war footing.
2. To identify POs for migration after solving the existing civil/electrical problems with supply of necessary hardware since it is seen that offices are being migrated without required hardware, viz. updated/new nodes, Pass Book Printer, Laser Printer etc.
3. To impart necessary training to the officials of such POs proposed to be migrated well before mock migration and advance creation of User ID and Password. It may be considered to attach such officials of the proposed offices to the bigger CBS offices with trained officials at least for one week for practical experience. In addition, adequate technical support at least for one week since the date of migration may be considered to be provided for effective service delivery since it is seen that offices are being migrated without imparting necessary training to the officials and not providing required technical support as earlier done through Infosys.
Courtesy : AIPEU, Group-C, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE HON`BLE MINISTER, COMMUNICATIONS & IT ON MISERIES AND UNTOLD SUFFERINGS FACED BY THE STAFF IN CBS &CIS ROLLED OUT OFFICES THROUGHOUT THE NATION – IMMEDIATE AND PERSONAL INTERVENTION REQUESTED TO REIN IN THE SITUATION.
No. PF-35/CBS/2016 Dated: 20th January, 2016
Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad,
Hon`ble Minister, Communications & IT,
Government of India,
New Delhi-110 001
Sub: Miseries and untold sufferings faced by the staff in CBS &CIS rolled out offices throughout the nation – Immediate and personal intervention requested to rein in the situation.
With due respects and profound regards, we are perforced to bring the following to your kind notice for your immediate intervention and to halt the hasty exercise without minding the adverse effects in implementing the CBS and CIS by the administration in the Postal department.
At the outset, we wish to make it clear that we are not against to the modernisation of the postal service and we are welcoming the recent changes taken place in the department in the arena of modernisation. In fact, it is the postal service that only modernize without engaging any experts or other agencies with the fullest cooperation and optimum utilization of the staff particularly the Postal Assistants called as Systems administrator with their personal knowledge which they already acquired in the computer oriented operations. Even today the same officials only attend faults and servicesby releasing so many patches to the software and maintain properly whenever required and not depending the agency services and without any extra remunerations.
Now, ahasty exercise is being carried out by the department and CBS migration is undergoing in large no. of offices in many Circles without minding the capacity of the network and the peripherals available in the offices. Till time more than 6000 offices are rolled out to CBS, due to the pressure exercised by the Department in haste. Because of such anunrealistic fast approach, the end users at the Counter area are affected very badly, and the public are also suffering a lot.
Whereas, in Banking Sector, when such migration is undertaken, it has been carried out in a phased manner; for example, in SBI, the leader in Banking sector, the migration was made only in 100 branches at the first year and so on.
It is the known fact that the staff are suffering and struggling with the outdated computers and peripherals, which were purchased during the year 2000 to 2005 that is at the time of introduction of computer in the post offices and no adequate funding has been made so far to replace or substitute them till date and as a whole the Department is surviving with very old outdated hardware. Even proper up gradation of CPU has not been made in many areas and the Software loaded is upto Windows XP, almost in most of the offices. Finacle can be loaded only with Windows 7 and hence the officers at ground level are pressurized to use pirated version of Windows 7, which is totally illegal and leads to legal litigation from Microsoft. The staff are compelled to work in the outdated mode with pirated software, resulting in non-operation.
The MOU made with M/s Sify, for network integration is limiting to low bandwidth such as 128 Kbps to 256 Kbps in single and double handed offices, and 256 kbps to 512 kbps in ‘A’ class to LSG offices resulting in sluggish connectivity and takes hours together to transform the data. This results in hang over and the transactions could not be able to be made at the instant, as the Department expects. It requires at least 1 to 4 Mbps and M/s Sify refused to increase the bandwidth now. Despite these facts were brought to the notice of the Secretary, Department of Posts several times, still there is no action to upgrade the bandwidth to the existing needy offices but going on introducing CBS in new offices and creating the problems further.
End of day process cannot be made after validation/supervisor verification and the staff has to wait for the nod from the Infosys, even after midnights on several days and at times it can be made on the next day morning. Even the women employees are compelled to complete the EOD process in midnights and their husbands or wards waiting till midnights to carry home. They could not attend even their family, personal and social obligations, resulting in loss of mental balance, family problems, stress and social problems. There is no safety and security for the women employees leaving the office by late nights, especially in rural areas, where there is no transportation available. It is our responsibility to ensure the safety and security of the women employees and no untoward incident should be allowed to happen as in case of Jyoti Singh Pandey of New Delhi.
Even the Help desk provided is not answering and the end users are taken to task and receiving brick bats from the irate public. This results in closing of accounts in large numbers that too, can be made not on the date of presentation but after few days and our Department loses large chunk of customers, because of the miscalculations, wrong estimations and over ambitious stand of the bureaucrats. If the particulars about the closure of accounts by the public in the CBS introduced offices is collected, it will establish our concern about the service.
Consequent to the increase in large number of Post Offices on CBS, it was observed for the past four months that the Data Centre Closure process is executed during day time that too during peak Counter hours. This results in slow accessibility of Finacle throughout the country. Irrespective of bandwidth, the Finacle slowness has been experienced in all Post Offices in the recent past. This affects the public services very badly during the peak hour viz.from 11.00 am to 03.00 pm on daily basis.
Further, due to Finacle slowness, the most affected operation is the Cheque Clearing operations. The Clearance House sends the images of the cheques to the Head Offices at around 08.00 am in the morning. The onus of furnishing the information pertaining to Bounced Cheques, that too before 11 am to the clearing house, lies on the respective Head Offices. If the information pertaining to Bounced Cheques is not received before 11.00 am from the concerned HOs, the entire amount of Inward Clearance cheques are deemed to be CLEARED by the clearance house. This leads to encashment of bounced cheques, the responsibility of which lies on the shoulder of the poor officials and they have to face contributory negligence recoveries.
Since from the day of the first migration, the staff unions are complaining about the deficiency in services provided my M/S Infosys Ltd, especially facing enormous problems in the Finacle Software, besides bandwidth, network, transmission and Server problems. On each and every occasion or from the day we are complaining at all levels, there is one word reply that, everything will be set right and put into rails one by one as this is only the transition period and everybody should bear with, in the interest of the Department. This is the saying mooted out and spread everywhere, from top to bottom. Now the 2 years Contract period for total the implementation is nearing completion and there is no sign of improvement and the problems persist and aggravate everywhere. It is most unfortunate to mention that the postal employees are all bearing with all these hardships and sufferings, in the interest of M/S Infosys.
Because of all these deficiencies the Department not only losing the customers, besides there is huge loss of man days and due to non-operation there is huge loss of money. This should be compensated with. There is a penalty clause in the Contract for deficiency in service. Instead of pulling the poor ground level officials, the application of penalty clause may perhaps be considered and applied on the service providers’ viz. Ms. Infosys and M/s Sify. It is reported that India Post has undertaken the project for switching over to Core Banking Solution platform with a total project outlay of Rs.800 crores. Hence, in the interest of the Department, we request the Hon’ble Minister for Communication to pursue with, on the direction, in order to pull the vendor and to save the customer services, the image of the Department and the public money.
The following are the few examples the staff facing across the counters which have not been attended by the department but expanding the problems to more offices in the nation.
1. Connectivity is the major problem which is damping the image of the Postal Department.
2. Slowness & non accessibility of Finacle server affects the day to day work. (Each and every transaction getting an error message “COULD NOT CONNECT THE SERVER”, “SERVER IS NOT ACCESSIBLE”, “PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR”, “WEB PAGE COULD NOT OPEN THIS PAGE” etc.,)
3. “USER ALREADY LOGIN” problem is occurring very often. In single handed offices System Administrator should alone rush and resolve this problem.
4. Even in first attempt an error message “USER ID IS LOCKED. PLEASE CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR” and could not able to access the finacle. “CSAC” menu only authorized to CPC. SO that they can only reset the user ID. ‘CSAC’ menu option may kindly be provided to Divisional SPO or concerned System Administrator.
5. Report option not working properly.
i) E.g, There is no provision to generate/print SSA LOT
ii) Certificate numbers not shown in the KVP/NSC certificates daily issue report
iii) Sometimes MIS & SCSS account numbers not shown in the LOT of counter transactions
iv) There is no provision to print the previous days LOT, Consolidation, KVP/NSC Issue & Discharge journals, SB automatic credit report etc.,
6. Total menus available in the Finacle not educated to all the officials. (Like CMRC, HABI, HPSP etc.,)
7. Inadequate training to the officials. Online training not given to the officials at the time of the training period. All the training were given to theoretically not practically (Eg., Agent transaction, Certificate discharge, Inventory movement etc.,)
8. SOL/Role change not effectively used by the administrative level. Whenever PA of the CBS counter proceeds on leave in his user ID working with other officials.
9. Some POSB rules are blindly violated in the CBS Finacle software. Eg., RD account can close even on the same day of opening, not bothering about the eligible date of birth for SSA account etc.,
10. No clear cut ruling about the other SOL transactions whether we can update the pass book entry of other office?
11. Changing of rules very often. Officials could not able to update the current rulings.
12. Even modifying the CIF ID no message received for deposit and withdrawal.
13. Deposits and withdrawals allowed to Supervisor option also. This cause to verify the transactions. Other office supervisor only can verify these transactions.
14. If someone office transaction verified at other office that particular transaction shown in the verified office’s LOT not in the transaction performed office’s LOT.
15. Certificate numbers not shown while issuing KVP/NSC certificates.
16. There is no option to reprint the certificate. If one forget to print the certificates there is no provision to print the same in future.
17. In the cheque clearing option facing much difficulty to find out the bank code, branch code, POSB cheque option not available in the said menu.
18. “ALREADY SESSION AVAILABLE” error message shown frequently.
19. BAT & DLT not shown in CBS Finacle.
20. If any withdrawal done no provision to block such amount till verifying the said transaction. There may be chance to withdraw the amount by using ATM card. In banking sector if any amount withdrawn such amount will be blocked and cannot withdraw by using ATM card.
There is not tangible action either by the department or by the vendors so far. Based on the above, our Union requests the Hon’ble Minister of Communications that
i) to stop such unmindful migrations into CBS/CIS immediately till settlement of the problems reported ;
ii) to provide adequate infrastructure to the ground level offices, such as replacement of systems, computer peripherals , UPS, battery, printers etc. immediately;
iii) to improve the bandwidth of sify network at least to the level of 512 kbps in single handed offices and to the level of 4Mbps in Head Post offices ;
iv) to centralize the EOD process at CPC level in all circles and to relieve the official at ground level after completion of validation process , without late night detention ;
v) to centralize the cheque clearance work at CPC level, since it is now under CBS ;
vi) to ensure the operation of CBS without interruption/slowness during peak hours to cater the need of the common public .
As we have no positive response from the department to mitigate the sufferings of the staff deployed in the CBS introduced offices and as an act of adding fuel to fire, the department unmindfully is introducing the CBS in the remaining offices and losing the customers as well as causing mental torture to the officials, we have no other alternate except to bring these facts before the Hon’ble Minister and seeking his personal intervention to create a congenial and calm working atmosphere and ensure a correct and well planned expansion of CBS further in the Department of Posts.
May we request your response, Sir,
With Profound regards,
(R. N. Parashar)
Secretary General (NFPE) &
General Secretary (AIPEU Gr.-C)
Saturday, January 23, 2016
OBSERVE COM. S. K. VYAS JI REMEMBRANCE DAY ON
13th FEBRUARY 2016
13th FEBRUARY 2016
One year has passed since the demise of Com. S. K. Vyas Ji, the legendary leader of Central Government employees and Pensioners on 13th February 2015.
Com. Vyasji was the Secretary General of the Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers for forty years from 1967 to 2006. He was the President and Secretary General of All India Audit & Accounts Association for a long time. He continued as an Advisor of the Confederation and also as the General Secretary of National Coordination Committee of Pensioners (NCCP) and Bharat Central Pensioners Confederation (BCPC) till death.
Com. Vyas Ji has lead various struggles and strike actions of the Central Government Employees and was in the forefront of the leadership which organised the first strike action of the Central Government Employees after Independence, in the year 1960. Com. Vyas was jailed and dismissed from service. He played an important role in rallying the Central Government employees alongwith the striking Railway employees in the year 1974. He was an able and uncompromising negotiator with the Government in the JCM National Council and standing committee. He was responsible for many of the benefits and allowances enjoyed by the Central Government employees. The cost indexation of wages was earned by the Government employees through the sustained struggles and efforts in 1960s under his leadership. The Confederation of Central Government Employees & workers representing 1.5 million civil servants was in the forefront of the incessant struggles and strike actions organised by the Indian working class against the neo-liberal economic policies of the Government. Com. Vyas Ji’s vision and ideological clarity has made the Confederation, part and parcel of the mainstream of the working class movement of India.
Com. Vyasji was the friend, Philosopher, guide and everything for the Central Government employees movement. In the more than six decades long trade union life, Com. Vyasji endeared himself to every section of the Central Government employees. His death has caused an irreparable and irreplaceable loss to all of us. He was a great leader, symbol of simplicity, a gem of a person and a leader who is down to earth. Extremely polite, kind hearted and compassionate. One of the finest human being, tallest leader, a gentle mentor and a legend.
He is in our hearts! His memories will be forever with us! His long saga of struggle for the cause of the employees and workers will inspire the generations to come.
The National Secretariat of the Confederation calls upon all the affiliated organizations, State/District C-O-Cs to observe 13th February 2016 as S. K. VYAS JI REMEMBRANCE DAY by holding meetings, Seminar etc. throughout the country.
COM. S. K. VYAS JI AMAR RAHE !
LONG LIVE COM. S. K. VAYASJI !!
LONG LIVE, LONG LIVE !!!
Thursday, January 21, 2016
3 Days Dharana Programme of NJCA against retorgrade recommendations of 7th CPC successfully conducted and concluded on 21.01.2016 in Bhubaneswar by Odisha State CoC
Courtesy : AIPEU, Group-C, Bhubaneswar, Odisha