ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP ‘C’
CHQ: Dada Ghosh Bhawan, 2151/1, New Patel Road, New Delhi - 110008
Ref: P/4-4/Operations & Norm Dated – 21.02.2014
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Sub: - Unprovided norms and compulsory duties prescribed to the Postmasters – request for norms and relief.
At present, the postmasters and supervisors are entrusted with enormous technical tasks and duties alongwith their day today work which are not at all coming under the norms for supervisors.
Daily Checks to be carried out by a Postmaster
1. COC web application for complaints check/print/reply/transfer/updation.
2. e-Post login every hours prescribed for printing epost messages for delivery.
3. e-Mail login at frequent intervals to check/reply/circulate mails received from HO
4. Run epayment/R net/e MO client/Speed Net Communication periodically.
5. Send Account MIS to central server.
6. Reports thro email on New Accounts Opened for the day/sales report of Retail post items.
7. Clearing and updation of cheques received under epayment
8. Sending DPF files to Technology section of the circle.
9. CBS office file updation in CBS web and CBSMON file to dopmonitoring section of tech branch.
10. Daily check in MIS/emo/epayment/speednet other web applications to check transfer of office data and updation for the previous day
11. Any other daily reports prescribed by the concerned Divisions.
12. Daily Data entry is CBS site relating to SB accounts and File transfers.
Weekly / Fortnightly / Monthly duties
1. Submission of Annexure II, Business Development consolidated for the month with screen shots of all the supporting figures.
2. Submission of Sub Postmaster Monthly report
3. MNOP Speed Post Delivery report monthly
4. Speed Post missent consolidated report (vary from division to divisions)
5. Speed Post extension counter report (where extension counter is provided)
6. Consolidated monthly report relating to retail products sold at office
7. Updation of DB analyser and clearing to discrepancies
The above are not exhaustive and vary from region to region or Circle to circle based on the tastes of the heads. The above duties consume heavy work time of the supervisors and Postmasters and clearly justify for further augmentation of supervisory posts and Asst. Postmasters if proper time norms are fixed for these additional work.
It is therefore requested that these additional technical supervisory works should be brought under norms and uniform application in all circles and should reflect in the establishment norms. Action for sanctioning justified additional supervisory posts may also be taken.
A line in reply about the action taken is highly solicited.