National Federation of Postal Employees
1st Floor North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001
Phone: 011.23092771 e-mail: email@example.com
Mob: 9868819295/9810853981 website: http://www.nfpe.blogspot.com
No. PF-2/2016 Dated: 27th, July 2016
All General Secretaries / NFPE Office Bearers,
All Circle Secretaries /Divisional and Branch Secretaries
2nd SEPTEMBER-2016 – GENERAL STRIKE
All Central Trade Unions and independent Federations of Employees of different industries and services including Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers and National Federation of Postal Employees have decided to organize One day All India General Strike on 2nd September-2016 against the anti-people , anti worker policies and authoritarian attitude of the N.D.A. Government on the 12 Points Charter of Demands.
Being the affiliate of Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers, We endorse the decisions taken by National Secretariat of Confederation held on 24th July, 2016 at New Delhi. The Confederation Circular No. Conf/Sectt/2016 dated 26th July, 2016 is enclosed herewith for taking necessary action accordingly. The demands of Confederation and NFPE are also added as Part –B of Charter of Demands.
The Campaign Tour programme of All India Leaders of NFPE is enclosed.
All are requested to arrange campaign meetings as per programme of Confederation and NFPE. All Circle Secretaries of NFPE affiliated unions are also requested to launch Campaign Programme in their respective Circle to Mobilize maximum participation in 2nd Sept,2016 Strike.
2016 September 2nd General Strike 12 Point Charter of Demands of Joint Platform of Central Trade Unions submitted to government:
PART – A
1. Urgent measures for containing price rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for all workers.
5. Minimum wage of not less than 18000/- per month with provisions of indexation (for unskilled worker).
6. Assured enhanced pension not less than 3000 p.m for the entire working population (including unorganized sector workers).
7. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/state public sector undertakings.
8. Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent/perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as that of regular workers for the same and similar work.
9. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund and increase in quantum of gratuity.
10.Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO conventions C-87 & C-98.
11.No FDI in Railways, Defence and other strategic sectors.
12.No unilateral amendment to labour laws.
PART – B : (CGE & POSTAL DEMANDS)
1. Avoid delay in implementing the assurances given by Group of Ministers to NJCA on 30thJune 2016, especially increase in minimum pay a fitment formula. Implement the assurance in a time bound manner.
2. Settle issues raised by the NJCA, regarding modifications of the 7th CPC recommendations, submitted to Cabinet Secretary on 10th December 2015.
3. Scrap PFRDA Act and New Pension System (NPS) and grant Pension/Family Pension to all Central Government employees under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972.
4. No privatization, outsourcing, contractorisation of Government functions.
5. (i) Treat Gramin Dak Sevaks as Civil Servants and extend all benefits on pay, pension and allownaces of departmental employees.
(ii) Regularise casual, contract, contingent and daily rated workers and grant equal pay and other benefits.
6. Fill up all vacant posts by special recruitment. Lift ban on creation of new posts.
7. Remove ceiling on compassionate appointments.
8. Extend benefit of Bonus Act amendment 2015 on enhancement of payment ceiling to the Adhoc bonus/PLB of Central Govt. employees with effect from the financial years 2014-15. Ensure payment of revised bonus before Pooja holidays.
9. Revive JCM functioning at all levels.
10. Implement Cadre restructuring in left out categories of Postal Department. i.e RMS,MMS,PA CO, SBCO & Postal Accounts etc..
11. Settle the problems related CBS, CIS & stop harassment and Trade Union victimization.